Sunday, June 29, 2008

LET US ALL CELEBRATE WHEN ANY CHRIST CENTRED CHURCH SUCCEEDS IN ADVANCING GOD'S KINGDOM

Ther have been many churches that I have visited since I first became a Christian some 30 years ago, and I have really been inspired & challenged when I have seen many miraculous events occur at some churches I have been in attendance at . I have been really excited when I have seen people , many people running to worship ( as if their very lives ) depended upon it. Twenty two years ago I went to visit in SEOUL , KOREA : Paul Yongghi Cho's church where I saw that it was possible this side of eternity to have thousands , upon thousands of people hungry, desperate for the presence of God . This Vision has stayed with me , as has many other times where the presence of God has in large & small gatherings done amazingly, miraculous events in our midst. I really find it unbelievable that any one who truely loves Jesus with all their heart , would desire to bring down another CHRIST-CENTRED DENOMINATION simply because it doesn't fit one's own perception of how WORSHIP should occur, how structure should happen etc,etc.Today I am thankful that I am a Christian who is called to be a Salvation Army Officer , however, over 27 years of ministry I have attempted to be humble enough to realise the obvious : that there are many other churches (including what some label as "mega - churches'') who are doing a great work for the Kingdom of God and I would dare not ever attempt to exalt any denomination above another , in order to make oneself look "successful", ( whatever that means). Let us rejoice both in The Salvation Army & beyond when JESUS is lifted up , people are saved ,SPIRIT -FILLED & ready for service. I have always believed that The Spirit Of God has no favourites when it comes to achieving HIS purposes, and He blesses whom He chooses as He chooses. Let us make sure we don't miss out on what the Lord requires of us. And please don't fall into the trap of bringing down what God has birthed in other faithful servants hearts . I believe God looks at the heart, holiness & willingness to be obedient to His perfect will , that in Kingdom language is SUCCESS . Be careful dear friends we don't critcise GOD'S ANOINTED , APPOINTED PEOPLE....there are serious consequences to that kind of criticism.HEBREWS 10:19-39. Just may we as God's people please be faithful to what Jesus requires of us !!!!!!May I never become like the Pharisees who accused so many others & missed their own self-righteousness, ''JESUS , HELP US ALL TO BE LIKE YOU. INSTEAD OF LOOKING TO BRING OTHERS DOWN".
Blessings to you today and may we all abound in GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: