Sunday, December 30, 2007

TAKE TIME TO EVALUATE YOUR SPIRITUAL GROWTH

Have you grown in your spiritual journey in the last twelve months ??
A great question that was asked of Len & I sitting in Preston Corps October 1978, this was the day Len gave his heart to Jesus , Len says that he had not grown in the Lord , because there was no relationship with Jesus Christ in his life.
So today on this last day in 2007 , I might ask my readers the same question:'HAVE YOU GROWN IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS IN THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS?'
Here are some qustions that may get you started:
1. What is the word I would use to describe my relationship with Jesus?
2. How does my image of God affect my relationship with others (close friends, people I find hard to understand, colleagues, family, neighbours)
3. How does my time reflect my desire to have Jesus as Lord , ie. recreational pursuits, energy given to Kingdom business, worship, reflection time , evangelism, interactional time , prayer life ,how does it look honestly?
4. What does my bank balance reveal when I look transparently at how I spend God's money (that He allows me to manage)?
5. Give these images , what do I expect from God when I feel depressed, stressed, confused, lost, angry, sad, anxious ?
6. Do I take my sense of covenant with God seriously? If not, why not? If so , how is it reflected in my lifestyle choices every day?
7. Do I authentically have a living , vibrant , relationship with Jesus Christ ? Is Jesus truely LORD of every area of my life ?
My prayer is that these questions may bring us all individually closer to Jesus in 2008!!!
JOHN 3:17 "GOD DID NOT SEND HIS SON INTO THE WORLD TO CONDEMN THE WORLD, BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD THROUGH HIM".

No comments: