Monday, December 10, 2007

God's Perfect Will , not merely His Permissive Will

Dear Friends,
Had a victorious day yesterday (Monday 10th Dec), many interviews with people exploring Jesus perfect will for their lives & helping each one to unpack what Jesus terms of Discipleship really requires. Such a privilege for me & a tremendous responsibility as I share with many who know that Jesus has called them to Officership in The Australian Southern Territory, and knowing that He requires each and every one of us NOW, NOW, NOW!
Monday afternoon offered me the great opportunity to evangelise and receive donations on behalf of Melbourne- Project 614, which is where I soldier when not engaged in Ministry elsewhere. '
I was situated in the Bourke Street Mall , what a wonderful opportunity for JESUS' GOSPEL to be preached. There were many blessings & some distinct hostile responses to the hope and love of Jesus ,I knew I was in the right spot to live out , pray up, speak forth the passion and love of Jesus in that place of business and preoccupation with self. Street combat , absolutely!!! Privilege certainly, opportunities were lavishly abundant.
Please dear readers remember that Jesus calls us to do & be His Disciples , obeying His PERFECT WILL in our lives , not merely being satisfied or content to settle for His PERMISSIVE WILL
There is quite a difference between doing a 'GOOD' THING for JESUS & doing "GOD'S THING".
Today I remind you of the Word of God in ROMANS12:1-2 :
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God , that you present your bodies,as LIVING SACRIFICES , HOLY & PLEASING to God, which is your basic reasonable response.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that good , acceptable and PERFECT WILL of God."
And praise Jesus I prayed with a woman who accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour,just imagine what you and JESUS could do ??????????

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks Marney for meeting with me today, Was a great chat and certainly confirmed Gods Calling.

Thanks and God Bless you!
Amy

Lieutenant Jo said...

yeah Amy!