Sunday, February 10, 2008

GOD HIMSELF IS TRYING TO SPEAK TO US

EXODUS 20:19 says: ''And they said to Moses , you speak to us, and we will listen, but let not God speak to us , lest we die."
I find this an incredible request , and absolutely astounding that anyone would not want to hear from the living God. And yet the sad truth is that is often still the case for many people today , there are so many who really refuse to listen to the voice of God when He is desperate to speak to all of us.
As I have thought and prayed long and hard about this , I have come to one or two thoughts on the matter.
Readers see what you think : 1. If this is really the voice of God speaking to me then I need to listen and obey, the obedience part really is a challenge for many.
2. If I can justify to myself that merely a human voice is speaking then I can simply say to my own heart ,that is that particular persons' opinion and thus I do not have to respond in any way.
Jesus said , "IF YOU LOVE ME , YOU WILL KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"He also said in John 10:3 "...the sheep listen to His voice and they heed it, and He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out. v4. When He has brought His own sheep out He walks on before them , and the sheep follow Him , because they know His voice."
Please don't fall into the trap of merely believing that only humans are speaking to you , pray that you may want to desperately hear the voice of God and when He speaks ,LISTEN & more importantly OBEY!
James 1:22-25 read it and please let Jesus have His way in your life, He loves you and will not lead you up a wrong path, love and respect Jesus enough to let Him have His way in your life , if indeed you call yourself a Disciple of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Simon Mapleback said...

I think hearing from God directly scares most people!! Mostly because they know they aren't living the life God wants them to live, and are to weak willed to change their ways.

I want, and need to say yes!

Why would you settle for anything less than the best for your life?