Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ALMOST!!!

As I contemplate Australian history made this week I reflect back to previous leadership of this country in recent years and other generations.
I never want to be known as someone who ALMOST did the right thing, I really want to have assigned to my life that I did as much as I could with the time I had for all the right reasons and that Jesus would be glorified by my life.
What about you ? What will your life be remembered for.........? How will you DASH count in ETERNITY? Almost is a sad word , when I think of the definition of this word I am taken in my mind and heart to Pilate.
Pilate ALMOST performed what would have been history's greatest act of mercy. He ALMOST pardoned the Prince Of Peace. He ALMOST released the Son of God, he ALMOST opted to acquit Jesus, ALMOST!!!!!He had the power, he had the choice, he wore the ring of significance.The option to forever be remembered throughout history as the judge who pardoned Jesus, ALMOST. The option to free God's Son was His.... and he ALMOST did, BUT he refused,tragically refused to be a great 'history maker' . Rather he is remembered as Pilate who washed his hands of God's business, washed his hands of choosing Jesus above everyone else , including his own position. Be very aware of settling for the ALMOST when it comes to being obedient to the voice of The Holy Spirit, actually, we are either obedient to Him or we are not. When it comes to God's Kingdom and Jesus' terms of Discipleship there is no room for ''ALMOST CHRISTIANITY." Read with me Proverbs 3:27-28 "Do not withold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in the power of your hand to do so. Do not say to your neighbour, 'Go , and come back, and tomorrow I will give it "when you have it with you today.'' WOW!

SELAH!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Simon Mapleback said...

WOW!!!!
Powerful, thank you for these words today! WOW!
I don't want to be an ALMOST person. I want to be a member of the 'DONE IT' variety.
Thanks Major! God bless!

james said...

great post marney!

I watched the passion yesterday and so your words were spot on. I really dont want to live "mostly" devoted, but wholly devoted. Thanks for the challenge!

Keep up the blogging!