Monday, February 11, 2008

THE DEVOTION OF HEARING & HEEDING

MATTHEW 10:27 ''What I tell you in darkness, that speak in the light: and what you hear whispered in the ear , proclaim upon the housetops."
The destiny of my and may I suggest your spiritual life is such identification with Jesus , that I need to always hear God, and I know that God always hears us(John 11:41).You see the only qualification to speak words worthy of the Lord , is that I first have heard in that quiet, closet place, and having once heard His voice , been obedient to Him myself , I then am called to speak forth that which He has told me in the quiet place, the hidden place of PRAYER. Not only speak, but live , example all that is the grace & truth of Jesus Christ.
How goes your listening to Him ? Can you say with Samuel in 1 Samuel 3:10 ''Speak; for your servant is listening".
I believe what hinders many people from hearing the voice of Jesus , is that at times we are often too consumed with other aspects, concerns, challenges, choices of life and thus just busily go on not really being Holy Spirit led at all. And in doing so render ourselves inactive when it comes to the challenge of speaking out clearly what Jesus has spoken to us about in that quiet place. Today may you have the only appointment really worth having , with JESUS, and may having heard , then obey and speak forth that which He has called you to. He will not speak to you of thoughts in opposition to His Word , keep His word open to your heart!
May after hearing and heeding, your words be like 'THUNDER' , because your life is like 'HOLY LIGHTENING'. Jesus so longs for your affection and attention !

No comments: