Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I GOT INTO SIN WHEN I CEASED HAVING A HEALTHY FEAR OF GOD

Jimmy Baker a renowned preacher in America was asked when did he stop loving Jesus , he was asked this by Billy Graham who visited him in prison . He was imprisoned for embezzlement , illegal prostitution businesses and some other illegal behaviours .
His answer is astounding : 'I never ceased loving Jesus with all my heart , mind & soul . However , I did cease to have a healthy fear of God and consequences to sin ............."This (he went onto say was the beginning of my backsliding ."

Reflect upon that statement dear ones , what does the Spirit of the Lord whisper or perhaps shout into your mind , heart , spirit .......?
Today can I ask do you in the light of ETERNITY have a Biblical , healthy fear of God ? If you do God will honour you and keep you close to Him , if you are in error you need to understand you are in a spiritually , dangerous and precarious position.

READ EXODUS 20:19-21, Philippians 2 : 12 ".......-continue to work out your salvation with FEAR & TREMBLING ." I believe this and by the way this is a New Testament reference .
Jesus was wonderfully full of both Grace & Truth .......God's grace is awesome and I am a recipient of this amazing grace . God's truth is absolute , non-negotiable and without fault , this can only have two reactions . OBEY GOD'S TRUTH or DISOBEY ! I for one choose the path of loving obedience .

Prayinbg for you all .

MARNEY

2 comments:

James said...

Loving your blog Marney!

As I read this post I thought of Isaiah before God. Isaiah was fearful becasue he was unclean, the angels were hiding their faces and feet from God becasue of Gods amazing Holiness. I also thought of Johns vision where He saw Jesus and falls to the ground.

When we peer into the holiness of God we cant help but see how sinful we are! Then along comes Jesus who takes away all our sin so that we can have a relationship with this holy God! Hallelujah!

James

Cammie Novara said...

"I never ceased loving Jesus with all my heart , mind & soul . However , I did cease to have a healthy fear of God and consequences to sin ............."This (he went onto say was the beginning of my backsliding ." I am astonished by the truth in those words. There's a really interesting debate that I thought would be of interest on evolution vs. intelligent design going on at http://www.intelligentdesignfacts.com