Tuesday, March 25, 2008

IN ACCEPTING JESUS AS LORD & SAVIOUR ,YOU WILL FIND WHO YOU REALLY ARE

I was attending a Good Friday meeting this past Easter and heard the term that I am a 'proud , passionate , paid -up pagan', this overt , articulate display of wearing godlessness as a badge of honour floored me. I responded to this self-proclaimed title with : ''why then, are you here?" To which this person replied ,''. to get my family off my case.''Every church that really chooses to reach the secular mind needs to know how to reach these (ever increasing) number of people.Politically we see constantly the lust for ''power'', and culturally we see the drive for entertainment, & I would include in that statement ( for some people sport), as attempting to fill the void of godlessness.Often in this culture there are many people who sadly are either too sophisticated or apathetic to simply admit that they are not experiencing their ultimate reason for living. Often times many will "dress up" and pursue their hunger with sophisticated, pragmatic philosophies which direct contemporary humanity to simply do/be/pursue whatever works for me. As I share with many I sense a skepticism & cynacism towards The Church & this has to be reclaimed for Jesus 'sake. There are many who place a high premium on the absence of Holy Spirit conviction and sadly support this perspective by boldly proclaming their lack of faith or even desire for exploring the God of the universe .I want to remind us all (myself included) I am constantly called to reach the whosoever , in order to introduce all to the saving power of JESUS CHRIST. Please consider Jesus & His passion & love for your life. Please read Acts 4:8-12, verse 12 :''... THERE IS NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN BY WHICH MEN&WOMEN MAY BE SAVED." Only JESUS can save us , & show us who we really are,please know & reach out for His love today!!!

No comments: