Wednesday, March 5, 2008

CHANNEL YOUR CALLING INTO ACTION

Today I encourage you to read JOHN 6:60-69. When you read these words of Jesus about His terms of Discipleship there is a sense in which I at least am reminded again that being 100% obedient to the call of Jesus will not occur in the lives that purely proclaim ''RELIGION''. Actually I do not use that word , because to many including myself I am not merely religious , rather I am a person who is in a holy love affair with the Saviour of the world, JESUS!!! I who had no way of saving myself have been 'saved' by the blood of Jesus, my life is 'blood -bought', Holy Spirit empowered and I am nothing more than a humble servant of the King of kings & Lord of Lords! Verse 60 of John 6 says that when many heard Jesus' call it became offensive and unbearable for them to hear. The amplified version says :"WHO CAN BE EXPECTED TO LISTEN TO SUCH TEACHING?"And dear ones today many are still offended by the calling of Jesus , in my role I see many walking away sorrowful because they choose to not have the courage of their convictions , or they just prefer to stay in the dull twilight of bland religion, which to my mind is unbearable . In fact I cannot cope with a Christianity that is limp, lame and not within a whispering distance of Jesus. Read John 6 :63 "It is the Spirit that gives life , He is the Life -giver; the flesh conveys no benefit whatsoever. There is NO profit in it........(wow)! Jesus goes onto say:'' the Words I speak to you are Spirit and Life." I read that then I read verse 66 (interesting numeric connected with this verse). Dear friends Jesus is calling you today to give up your SMALL AMBITIONS & COME, CHANGE THE WORLD!!!!!!! PLEASE DO IT FOR JESUS, HE WILL NOT ABANDON YOU , NOT NOW NOT EVER! Don't be numbered amongst those who return to their (boring) old associations and no longer kept company with Jesus. " Get out of any religious ruts you maybe loitering in and dive into the fullness of God's grace, Jesus' call and , CHANGE THE WORLD!

3 comments:

Darren Lamotte said...

After reading this Marney I went and looked at a couple of translations and I loved how The Message put these verses

Many among his disciples heard this and said, "This is tough teaching, too tough to swallow.
..... The Spirit can make life. Sheer muscle and willpower don't make anything happen. Every word I've spoken to you is a Spirit-word, and so it is life-making. But some of you are resisting, refusing to have any part in this."
Dont you love those words Every word I've spoken to you is a Spirit-word, and so it is life-making.
How can you walk away from that.Yeah its tough but who said it wouldnt be ! If we think we have it tough have a look at what Jesus suffered for US !

God Bless
Darren

Simon Mapleback said...

Yeah, it might be hard teaching to follow, but why would I just want to sit around and not be challenged my whole life!? I want more out of life than pointless wandering, go to work, go home, sleep, get up go to work, and it never stops - there is more to life than that.

I want to change the world. Yes Jesus is the life giver and there is more to life than mentioned above!! Hallelujah!

More action required...

Sarah Eldridge said...

Marney, I thank God for you every day. I thank God for your holy love affair with Jesus. Because through your love affair - Jesus uses you to draw others closer to Him. Myself included! Well technically Jesus DRAGGED me closer to Him through you but I'm closer now thanks to your obedience and faithfulness!

No more small ambitions here - just sold out and passionate! PRAISE GOD!!!

Lots of love to you xxx