Wednesday, March 26, 2008

CHANGING FROM ''ME'' FOCUS TO ''OTHERS'' FOCUS

Jesus prayed in JOHN 17:20-26 many wonderful prayers for His people & this world.In verse 17:21''THAT THEY ALL MAY BE ONE AS YOU,FATHER, ARE IN ME, & I IN YOU; THAT THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US, THAT THE WORLD MAY BELIEVE THAT YOU SENT ME." There are many ATTITUDES that we can adopt as a member of the Body of Christ ,some are extremely helpful & God-honouring, others bring negative /zero glory to God, and actually quite alot of grief to OTHERS.The 'all about me' attitude flows out of a carnal /fallen nature and our culture is constantly telling us that :'the most important person is me ', friends that is actually a lie !The Father, Son & Holy Spirit always worked together for the sake of OTHERS (actually us ),you & I and and an entire world. What a great idea!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't it be amazing if we all operated out of that ethos....................There is no limit as to what we could achieve for JESUS' sake if it didn't matter who got the credit! SELAH!!!!!!!!Actually the only focus being that God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit they are to be given ALL THE GLORY for every thing that we have done or will do. The focus needs to be sharpened every day ...today is not about me , it is about JESUS!!!! I don't know about you but many times every day I tell myself : 'Just get over yourself Marney', and keep looking to JESUS & OTHERS.Then the world might see that there is a difference in our lives and just maybe look to the HOLY ONE. Jesus said in John 15;10:'' IF YOU KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS, YOU WILL ABIDE IN MY LOVE, JUST AS I HAVE KEPT MY FATHER'S COMMANDMENTS &ABIDE IN HIS LOVE.'' Today remember it is not exlcusively all about you or me , it is about JESUS!!!!

BLESSINGS, GRACE, MERCY, LOVE & SHALOM TO YOU EACH.

No comments: