Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WHO DEFINES YOU ?WHAT HELPS YOU FEEL SECURE?

In John's Gospel 15:1-4 (Jesus says): '' I AM THE TRUE VINE, & MY FATHER IS THE GARDENER. HE CUTS OFF EVERY BRANCH IN ME THAT BEARS NO FRUIT, WHILE EVERY BRANCH THAT DOES BEAR FRUIT HE PRUNES SO THAT IT WILL BE EVEN MORE FRUITFUL. v.3YOU ARE ALREADY CLEAN BECAUSE OF THE WORD I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU. REMAIN IN ME, & I WILL REMAIN IN YOU. NO BRANCH CAN BEAR FRUIT BY ITSELF:IT MUST REMAIN IN THE VINE. NEITHER CAN YOU BEAR FRUIT UNLESS YOU REMAIN IN ME...........& then verse 16 says :''YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, BUT I CHOSE YOU & APPOINTED YOU TO GO AND BEAR FRUIT THAT WILL REMAIN. THEN THE FATHER WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER YOU ASK IN MY NAME."
That name being JESUS!!!
Who defines your life and what in your life helps you feel secure ? Good questions that really are helpful to think about. As for me I embrace the sure fact that Jesus loves me , died for me and for all my readers ,you as well !In addition to these wonderful truths the security of the absolute authenticity of the WORD of God is such a "solid-rock"to stand upon in times of global insecurity.
Jesus is saying in the above Scriptures ........"REMAIN IN ME ....REMAIN IN ME", other translations say :"ABIDE IN ME (JESUS)''. That is a 'safe place ' to dwell , live ,position yourself !
Today if you are angry, bitter , anxious, lonely , negative, critical , hurting , envious, ready to quit, imploding , exploding, depressed or just simply bored . Stop ....assess ... understand there is a way through and His name is JESUS!! Whatever the question , whatever the concern , however consumed by sin you may feel ...just know today JESUS says : allow me to define you with my love . Who would not want that sense of emotional , physical , intellectual , spiritual security? I for one am sold on what Jesus says about Himself .....myself .....and a very insecure world. Please allow the love of JESUS define your thinking , your very life today. It just may mean SALVATION has come to you , if you do .Also the Word of God tells me that we then can know the experience of being made 'CLEAN' when Jesus is allowed access into our lives.

Blessings to ALL my readers .

MARNEY

No comments: