Monday, October 27, 2008

DOES ANYBODY HEAR THEM ......THE LOST?

I have been listening to some of the music from the contemporary Christian group called : 'Casting Crowns', many of their arrangements really speak to my heart about the thoughts I often have in my heart and mind in regard to the world , the church & our response to what is happening even as I am writing this blogg.One of the pains I feel is that of the "lost", up & out people down & out people (which just about covers all categorys ), I lay awake at night trying to pray & seek Jesus' heart as to how I can become part of the answer by at least attempting to point others to JESUS, & in so doing pray with all my being that some will at least give JESUS a chance that He longs to have in order to bring His healing, His Salvation, His forgiveness, His love.You see if just for a day we really heard people , really saw their journey , & really responded , really prayed , really were obedient to what Jesus wants us to respond like ......then just maybe this world with it's ever decreasing security would actually CHANGE!!! Today I will leave you with a Franciscan Benediction:
MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH DISCOMFORT..... at easy answers, half -truths, & superficial relationships, so that we live deep within our hearts.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH ANGER .......at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people, so that we may work for justice, freedom and peace.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH TEARS......to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation and war, so that we may reach out our hands to comfort them and turn their pain into joy.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH ENOUGH FOOLISHNESS .... to believe that we can make a difference in this world , so that we can do what others claim cannot be done.

I am not the Saviour .. JESUS IS & HIS LOVE FOR YOU IS COMPELLLING .....DON'T MISS IT!

Praying for you all today.
MARNEY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the- Franciscan Benediction.

Amen to that!

Simon Mapleback said...

Yeah, I'm with Sarah, I love it - we need more benedicions like this!!