Saturday, July 12, 2008

HE MUST INCREASE , I MUST DECREASE...HE MUST BECOME GREATER & GREATER

John the Baptist who so powerfully prepared the way for Jesus , had it really right when he said these words in JOHN 3:30-31:"HE (JESUS)MUST INCREASE , BUT I MUST DECREASE.v.31HE WHO COMES FROM ABOVE IS ABOVE ALL , HE WHO IS OF THE EARTH IS EARTHLY & SPEAKS OF THE EARTH . HE WHO COMES FROM HEAVEN IS ABOVE ALL."
This is the cry of my heart on a daily basis , that JESUS life be increased in me & I with all my thoughts & opinions must decrease! It is very true that God is a respector of His WORD , HIS PRINCIPLES , not necessarily ours! The non-negotiables are :a. PURITY (of body , mind & spirit).
b. The principle of FAITH.(Hebrews 11:1) Living by faith, acting in obedience to the faith leaps that the Lord places before us.
c. The principle of honouring God and His value system above every other value system .
d. The principle of Discipleship as clearly seen in the Gospels , pick whichever text you prefer , (MARK 8:34-38,LUKE 9:57-62.....a very powerful group of verses!!!)
e. The principle of PRAYER & being in The WORD on a daily basis,non-negotiable!

Like John I pray for my readers today that you choose to pray that JESUS MUST INCREASE IN YOUR LIFE , & YOU(and I ) MUST DECREASE.
May God give you the courage, faith & conviction to do so . Blessings to you today!

MARNEY
There are more Godly principles to come........... GRACE TO YOU!

No comments: