Wednesday, January 9, 2008

COMMON CHARACTERISTICS OF COMMITED COURAGEOUS PEOPLE

Blessings to you today , how goes the journey with Jesus? Today I want to commence the first part of ten common characteristics of committed, courageous people, buckle up and here goes:
1. Courageous people know they have limitations but they also know that they can rejoice in the promise of Jesus' redemption.
2. Despite their fears, committed, courageous people constantly stretch their inner selves to take RISKS, in order to meet the challenges of authentic DISCIPLESHIP.
3.Committed , courageous people continually put their values & priorities into Kingdom order , they recognise that people are always more important than material things, and that it is only the immaterial values such as LOVE, FAITHFULNESS, HOPE , TRUST etc , etc, that will carry them & others through to ETERNITY.
4. Commited to JESUS people and Courageous Warriors of the Lord , refuse to lay down their CROSS , to pick up a GRUDGE. They know that Jesus cannot use them if they live in the cancerous atmosphere of bitterness , hatred & unforgiveness.
5.Committed, courageous people are passionate about keeping a Holy Spirit inspired vision of Jesus claims on their lives, this Vision keeps them focussed on what really is worth being spent for.
As I read these points I believe God will be speaking to readers of this blog and I am asking each one of us Christian , merely curious people , how did you measure up as you contemplated these five charactistics?
Please read LUKE 4:16-19, then ask yourself what is that kind of anointing worth to me ?
Secondly am I willing to be that Committed , Courageous person in order that I might be a fit vessel for the use of the Master, the LORD JESUS CHRIST , the one and only SAVIOUR of the WORLD?
Read on for the next five characteristics in the next few days, SHALOM!!!

1 comment:

nataliemcrae said...

Hi Marney
just letting you know that your blog today is an answer to prayer,
let me tell you how....
this week I’ve been thinking about God's place for me AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME....

should i find a new job one with full time hours better pay-it would cut the stress of working 2 part time jobs, i'll get rid of the money issues i have quicker, then i can save more....

then points 3 and 5 reminded me, why i do the jobs i do as the hour fit with the ministry i'm involved with in Mainly Music and the call to teach CRE in primary schools, which i'm currently organizing now.

To be honest when put up against the first 5 characteristics of committed people, i can see that at this moment in time i'm falling below the mark and it's really time to step up as, i hope this doesn't sound, how can i put it 'big headed' but I know the anointing of the Lord is on me to bring the Good News of about Jesus and to set the captives free, however the reality check for me at this point is I feel is God saying .....

Natalie will you empty your self of yourself so I can help you become what I need you to be, so you can do what I need you to do. Will you SPEND MORE TIME WITH ME READING MY WORD AND STOP SIT IN MY PRESENTS TO REST AND LISTEN TO ME, will you let go of your ideas of how THINGS SHOULD HAPPEN, will you forgive yourself of your past mistakes because as long as you hold on to them, they will hold you back, don't you think anything you have broken I am not able to mend.... remember you are not God! Natalie when will you trust we with all your heart, I am always here for you in every thing you do and sometimes it feels like your shutting me out, I want to help you and yes sometimes My leading might not make sense but I KNOW WHATS BEST! And PLEASE take care in the way you appear, what you say, how you act ALWAYS BE MINDFULL YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER BEHAVE AS SUCH!.... oh and STOP FORGETTING THAT I AWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! SO IT WOULDN'T HURT TO SMILE MORE BACK!

Marney i hope i haven't rambled too much :-) But i hope you can get the drift of what i'm trying to express and i pray that you will pray for me that i DO STEP UP FOR MY GOD AND LIVE UP TO THE PONENTAL HE HAS PRE DESTINED FOR ME, so i can hear 'well done good and faithful servant'

God bless you
oh an Happy late BIRTHDAY

NAT... i'm the woman from Melton you met a few weeks ago... i just realized you prob have no idea who i am