Monday, December 6, 2010

JESUS IS COMING BACK ...NOT AS A BABY , RATHER AS KING OF KINGS & LORD OF LORDS

In this advent season consider the powerful promise that JESUS will return to earth again , not as a baby rather as the LORD of all .
Read Matthew 24 ... the whole chapter, allow the truth of this reality to sink into your mind & spirit .
Reflect upon this meditation as you consider Jesus coming for the first time ( Christmas ) and then awaiting His return .
TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE JESUS CAME :
Twas the night before Jesus came & all through the house ... Not a creature was praying , not one in the house .
Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care , in hopes that Jesus would not come there.
The children were dressing to crawl into bed. Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head .
And Mum in her rocker with babe on her lap, was watching the late show whilst I took a nap.
When out of the East there arise such a clatter , I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter .
Away to the window I flew like a flash , tore open the shutters and threw up the sash!
When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but angels proclaiming that Jesus was here .
With a light like the sun sending for a bright ray , I knew in a moment this must be "THE DAY".
The light of His face made me cover my head ... It was JESUS! Returning just like He said .

And though I possessed worldly wisdom & wealth , I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself.
In the BOOK OF LIFE which He held in His hand was written the name of every saved man.
He spoke not a word as He searched for my name ; when He said "IT'S NOT HERE," my head hung in shame .
The people whose names had been written with love , He gathered to take to His Father above .
With those who were ready He arose without a sound , whilst all the rest were left standing around.
I fell to my knees , but it was too late ; I had waited too long & thus sealed my fate. I stood & I cried as they rose out of sight ; Oh , if only I had been ready tonight.
In the words of this poem the meaning is clear ; the coming of JESUS is drawing near .
There's only one life & when comes the last call ... WE WILL FIND THE BIBLE WAS TRUE AFTER ALL !

Live as if Jesus is coming today .
Praying for my readers .... MARNEY

No comments: