Thursday, September 24, 2009

ARE PEOPLE'S CHARACTERS SAFE IN YOUR MOUTH?

Recently I received what I can only say is a pathetically sad and slanderous email,I was tempted to react but chose to respond with grace ( unlike my critic). Proverbs 18:21has some clear instruction about the words we say ,write,& send to one another.Contemplate these explicitly clear directions:''THE TONGUE HAS THE POWER OF LIFE & DEATH,& THOSE WHO LOVE IT WILL EAT IT'S FRUIT."Let me ask you today , are the words you say to others( whether on screens, paper or from your mouth ) full of love, life , and edification or are you assasinating people with your harmful , judgemental , negative,destructive vocabulary?Put simply are other people's names safe in your mouth ? Are other people's lives safe on your computer screen ? Are other people's feelings safe when you are around?Jesus had quite a bit to say about presuming to judge anyone ,let alone send scathing messages to other people.Let the Word settle into your mind , spirit & body today, from Matthew 7:1-5"DO NOT JUDGE, OR YOU TOO WILL BE JUDGED.FOR IN THE SAME WAY YOU JUDGE OTHERS, YOU WILL BE JUDGED, & WITH THE MEASURE YOU USE, IT WILL BE MEASURED TO YOU.WHY DO YOU LOOK AT THE SPECK OF SAWDUST IN YOUR BROTHER'S EYE & PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE PLANK IN YOUR OWN EYE? HOW CAN YOU SAY TO YOUR BROTHER, 'LET ME TAKE THE SPECK OUT OF YOUR EYE,' WHEN ALL THE TIME THERE IS A PLANK IN YOUR OWN EYE? (strong words from Jesus)v.5. YOU HYPOCRITE , FIRST TAKE THE PLANK OUT OF YOUR OWN EYE, & THEN YOU WILL SEE CLEARLY TO REMOVE THE SPECK FROM YOUR BROTHER'S EYE."
Thankfully my name is safe in the mouth of JESUS , and quite honestly His love , grace , forgiveness & salvation define me not any really sad , slanderous , email ,or hurtful words spoken over me . In the spiritual realm I in Jesus' name rebuke such negative communication & pray fervently for the senders of such tragic , immature messages.
Oh and before I sign off today I have to say I also forgive others when they see it necessary to hurt me & my family. Because actually all of us ultimately will be accountable to Jesus for every word we have ever uttered, He is much more capable of judging all people and will do just that when we all stand before Him.
In closing let me leave you with more words from Jesus' lips: Matthew 12:36-37"BUT I TELL YOU THAT MEN WILL HAVE TO GIVE ACCOUNT ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT FOR EVERY CARELESS WORD THEY HAVE SPOKEN.FOR BY YOUR WORDS YOU WILL BE ACQUITTED , & BY YOUR WORDS YOU WILL BE CONDEMNED."
Praying for all readers today , Jesus loves you!

MARNEY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marney,
You are a mighty women of God and I thank Him for you and your ministry.
Bless you
A